Overseas visitors planning to work in Australia may be eligible for a 12-month work visa.


If you're aged between 18 and 30 and hold a passport for a country or region participating in Australia's Working Holiday Maker program, you may be eligible to apply for a 12-month visa that enables you to work in Australia while you're here.


The Australian Government's Working Holiday Maker Program, which includes the Working Holiday visa and the Work and Holiday visa, is a cultural exchange program that enables young travellers to have an extended holiday and earn money through short-term employment.


If you work in Australia's regional areas, in certain circumstances you may even be able to extend your stay for an additional 12 months.